Geo Coordinates : 19.88°N 86.09°E
District : Puri
State : Odisha
Country : India
Continent : Asia
Konark is 65 km from the domestic airport which is in Bhubaneswar, the capital city of Odisha. Bhubaneswar is connected by air with flights to major Indian cities like New Delhi, Kolkata, Visakhapatnam, Chennai and Mumbai etc. All major domestic airlines like Indigo, GoAir, Air India have daily flights to/from Bhubaneswar. The nearest International Airport is at Calcutta (Kolkata).
Travellers flying from Europe or America (east): The best way to reach Konark is to fly either to Kolkata, Mumbai or Delhi and then fly to Bhubaneshwar.
Travellers flying from Australia or California could fly directly to Chennai or Kolkata and then fly to Bhubaneshwar.
The nearest railway stations are Bhubaneswar and Puri. Konark is 65kms from Bhubaneswar via pipili and 35kms from Puri on marine drive road. Puri is the last point of South Eastern Railway. Puri & Bhubaneswar hava fast and superfast train connections to Kolkata, New Delhi, Chennai, Banglore, Mumbai and other major cities and towns of the country.
Some of the important trains from New Delhi to Puri:
1) Purshottam Express Leaves New Delhi on Day 1 and arrives at Puri on Day 3 (the distance is about 1866 kms) journey Time approx 31 hours
2) Puri Express Leaves New Delhi on Day 1 and arrives at Puri on Day 2 (the distance is about 1794 kms) journey Time approx 30 hours
3) Neelachal Express Leaves New Delhi on Day 1 and arrives at Puri on Day 2 (the distance is about 1910 kms) journey Time approx 35 hours
Some of the trains from Kolkata to Puri:
1) Howrah-Puri Express leaves Calcutta on Day 1 and arrives at Puri on Day 2 (the distance is about 502 kms) journey Time approx 9 hours
2) Howrah-Puri SriJagannath Express leaves Calcutta on Day 1 and arrives at Puri on Day 2 (the distance is about 502 kms) journey Time approx 9 hours
Some of the trains from New Delhi to Bhubaneswar:
1) Sampark Kranti Express leaves new Delhi on Day 1 and arrives at bhubaneswar on Day 2 (the distance is about 1799 kms) journey Time approx 29 hours
2) Rajdhani Express leaves new Delhi on Day 1 and arrives at Puri on Day 2 (the distance is about 1724 kms) journey Time approx 23 hours
There is an official Indian railways website where you can find all the necessary information, including time table and fares. You can also book tickets online. This website accepts all major credit cards.
Click here for Train Time table and Information: www.indianrail.gov.in
Click here to book tickets online: www.irctc.co.in
For your convenience we are giving the Indian Ralways station codes for some of the cities below:
New Dlehi: NDLS
Calcutta (Kolkata) : HWH
Madras (Chennai) : MAS
Bombay (Mumbai): BCT
Kharagpur JN: KGP
Konark is 65kms from Bhubaneswar via pipili (approx 2 hours) and 35kms from Puri (approx. 1 hour) on marine drive road. Konark is connected by good all weather motorable roads. Regular Bus services are operating from Puri and Bhubaneswar. Besides Public transport Private tourist bus services and taxis are also available from Puri and Bhubaneswar. For internal transport, Auto rickshaws and Cycle rickshaws are available near Konark temple.
If you are coming by road from Bhubaneswar then on your way to Konark you can visit Pipili (famous for Applique Work). If you are coming by road from Puri then on your way you can visit Beleswar (Lord Shiva Temple), Balighai (Sea Beach), Ramachandi (Temple & Sea Beach) and Chandrabhaga (Konark Sea Beach).
|Distance of Puri from major Cities of India|
|NEW DELHI||1755 Km|